Cut and paste the sample email from the box below to easily modify and distribute to your organizational members.
We have until August 4th, 2008 to flood the Fed with comments about the proposal, in an effort to provide the agency with ammunition to hold strong against attempts by the banks to weaken the rule. The Fed explicitly mentioned in the proposal that a major reason for proposing such a protective rule was the comments they received from individual consumers about their negative experiences with credit card companies. They need to hear this again!
The Fed needs to hear from real people and organizations about their opinions of the proposal and horror stories about credit card company practices. Consumers Union has put together a packet of materials to make it easy for your organization to do outreach to your constituents.
The packet includes:
1. A short overview of the proposed rule with instructions on how to comment to the Fed.
2. A four-page summary of the proposed rule.
3. A sample comment to be sent on behalf of organizations (as opposed to individuals.)
4. A sample newsletter to modify, copy, and distribute to subscribers.
5. A sample email to send to individual members.
6. A sample email to send to organizational members.
You can access and download these documents at http://www.consumersunion.org/creditcardreform/outreach.html.
This is a great opportunity to end some of the most unfair credit card company practices!
Thanks for your help.
For more information about the proposed rule and how to comment to the Federal Reserve Board, please explore this website. If you’d like to return to this page, go to http://www.consumersunion.org/creditcardreform/outreach.html.